Another summer show season is quickly approaching the end. As August arrives, it brings county and state fairs and we officially say goodbye to national junior summer shows. Team ShowBloom enjoyed a summer filled with travel, making memories and, of course, chasing those banners!
As we at ShowBloom reflect back to our own junior show careers (we aren’t sharing how long it’s been since those years!) we know that those summer national shows were some of the most memorable shows we attended. There’s just nothing like loading up with your family and making treks across the country to see your show family/friends from all across the US.
We recently asked Team ShowBloom members what they enjoy the most about these national junior summer shows. Here’s what they said:
- Summer shows give us a chance to travel and see friends that we don’t until these shows — RaeAnn Ploughe
- Meeting new people and spending time with family —Stephanie Seale Housley
- Summer shows are a chance to connect with our show family and friends…travel to great places in the good ole USA and showcase new fresh genetics and to engage in the livestock industry! Nothing better than that — Shannon Hackett
- Summer Junior shows are our families “showcation” traveling and spending time together with our “show family”– Tammy Heifort Nye
- A chance to travel to places we might not usually go — Heather Ballance-Brown
- Summer shows means reuniting with fellow show friends and making new friends. It’s means my daughter has the opportunity to compete against the best to make herself better — Rochelle L. Hubbell-Spencer
- Family time! Spending time with our friends too — Ronda Lancaster Sanders
- Showing to me is quality family time. My daughter’s do all of the work and we are there to support them and to teach them to stay honest and humble — Cindie Allscheid
- Meeting new people, making lifetime friends, and make memories together as a family — Mamie Denetclaw
- Summer shows are the time to connect with the “extended” family and enjoy “vacation” together — Stephanee Garrett
- Getting to spend time with our “Show Families” — NyCole Harris Nelson
No doubt about it, national junior summer shows are special. Thank you to Team ShowBloom members that helped us express just what they mean to showman and families.
Don’t forget as you hit the show road to take your ShowBloom with you!
Why do you love national junior summer shows? Share in the comments.